Culinary Cannaseur Club Event
Registration Terms and Conditions
These Terms are an agreement between Culinary Cannasuer Club, LLC (“CCC”) and you or the entity you represent (“you”). By registering for or participating in this CCC event (“Event”), you confirm that you have read, understand and agree to these Terms. The Terms may be modified at any time by posting a revised version on the CCC website or by providing other notice to you. By participating in the Event, you agree to the latest version of these Terms.
BY CHECKING BOXES ON THIS LEGAL DOCUMENT, YOU WILL BE GIVING UP CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY.
- To register for the Event, you must complete the Event registration process and pay all required registration fees (if any) prior to any deadlines described on the registration page for the Event. Event registrations are subject to availability and may close earlier than posted deadlines.
- If the registration page for the Event states that registration fees or other fees are required for the Event, payment must be made at the time you register for the Event. CCC reserves the right to cancel your registration without notice for failure to pay in accordance with these Terms. CCC is not responsible for any damages, direct or indirect, resulting from such cancellation.
- Cancellation by You. If registration fees or other fees are required for the Event, cancellation instructions and the refund policy will be listed on the registration page for the Event.
- Event Program and Cancellation by Us. The Event program is subject to change. CCC may cancel the Event at any time and may deny, limit or cancel a registration for the Event (including a confirmed registration) at any time. CCC is not responsible for any damages, direct or indirect, resulting from such cancellation. If CCC cancels the Event or your registration, so long as you are in compliance with these Terms and any refund policy listed on the registration page for the Event, CCC will issue you a full refund of any Event registration fee that you have paid in accordance with that refund policy. In the event of any cancellation by you or CCC, all sections of these Terms will continue in full force and effect.
- Code of Conduct. You agree to behave in such a way as to create a safe, fun, supportive learning environment while at the Event and any related events. You agree not to engage in disruptive speech or behavior or otherwise interfere with the Event or other individuals’ participation in the Event. You will comply with all applicable CCC and agree not to engage in any form of harassing, offensive, discriminatory or threatening speech or behavior, including relating to race, gender, sexual orientation, religion or disability. CCC may require participants engaging or threatening to engage in such behavior to leave the Event or related event immediately and such participants will not be eligible to receive a refund of any fees paid to CCC related to the Event. If you witness such behavior, please promptly contact an CCC staff member so direct action can be taken.
You also understand that you will be fully responsible for your own actions, safety and welfare. You further understand that you will be a member of a group and that you will
conduct yourself in a way that does not endanger yourself or anyone else in the Event. You agree to exercise ordinary and reasonable care at all times, and to not imbibe alcohol and/or Cannabis to the extent that your judgment is impaired. You understand and acknowledge that many of the activities at the Event involve the consumption of alcohol, including, but not limited to, various wines, beers and champagnes. You understand the potential risks associated with the consumption of alcohol and cannabis and expressly warrant and acknowledge that you do not have or are aware of any medical condition(s) that would prevent you from consuming alcohol and/or cannabis and would result in any injury or damage to you as a result of you consumption of alcohol. You acknowledge and agree that CCC shall not be responsible or liable for any accident, injury, theft, loss or damage caused by your impaired judgment or negligence.
- Photography, Filming, and Social Media. For promotional purposes, there may be a professional photographer and video production taking place during the Event. If you do not wish to be filmed or recorded, you should advise CCC by email prior to the event to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We respectfully ask our members to take into consideration that not everyone may be willing to be filmed, photographed, or otherwise have their likeness taken and placed in any public forum. All CCC members attending the Event are required to have any photography, recording, or other devices able to capture images and/or videos, including but not limited to cell phones, I-pads, cameras, etc. either in a secured container or deposited with CCC for safe-keeping until the end of the Event. You are not permitted to take photographs, film, or undertake any other recording of the event or any individuals in the Event. Any photography, filming or recording activity at an event will be deemed a breach of privacy, copyright, among other legal violations and CCC reserves the right to take appropriate action if it becomes aware of such activity, including, but not limited to: immediate expulsion from the event, forceful deletion of any material in breach of this section from your device, and in more serious cases expulsion as a CCC member, as well as bringing suit to recover damages. In the event that you use any recording of another private member inappropriately and without their consent, you agree to indemnify CCC as indicated in section 13 within these Terms.
You are welcome to make use of social media before, during and after an event, subject to the above conditions.
- Information About You. Your contact details and other information will be handled in accordance with the information handling practices described in the CCC Privacy Notice (http://theccclub.com/privacy/). You consent to the collection, use and disclosure of the information you provide in connection with the Event by CCC and its affiliates (including overseas affiliates such as CCC Web Services, Inc. in the USA) in accordance with that Privacy Notice. Those entities will use your contact information to send details and announcements to you related to the Event, and communicate with you about other CCC offers, events or services. You can unsubscribe from promotional emails at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in those emails. We may also provide your contact information to third-party Event sponsors if (a) you elect to attend any sessions or other activities at the Event hosted by Event sponsors (in which case we would provide your contact information to only the Event sponsor(s) acting as host), (b) you opt in during registration to receive communications from our third-party Event.The Event Sponsor may use these details to communicate with you regarding their products and services in accordance with their respective Privacy Policies. To opt-out of receiving these communications, please email the relevant Event Sponsor.
- Access and Dietary Requirements. You should notify CCC of any special access requirements and dietary requirements at the time of registration. In addition, as all of our events are held within private locations, not all locations will have available special access. In these events, CCC will make all best efforts to accommodate your needs. In the event you require any special access requirements, please notify CCC at email@example.com.
- You understand that the Event may have Cannabis and/or Alcohol present and being consumed at such event. We sincerely and seriously consider the safety of each and every one of our CCC members. While we know this may be slightly inconvenient, CCC requires that you MUST HAVE A THIRD-PARTY TRANSPORT YOU TO AND FROM THE EVENT. You may elect to use any third-party to so transport you but CCC will not permit you to drive after any Event for your own safety.
You understand that if you do not have a third-party transport you after the Event, CCC will require you to acquire your own personal transportation and will not return your vehicle keys until at least the following morning at your own cost and expense.
- License to Use Items. In consideration of the opportunity to participate in the Event, you grant to CCC and its affiliates, agents, employees and assigns an irrevocable, nonexclusive, royalty-free right and license throughout the world and in perpetuity to reproduce, edit, publish, distribute or translate, for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes or for any other purpose relating to their business, all or any part of the following items (“Items”): (a) all still photographs and all audio and video recordings that CCC or its independent contractors make of you or your voice or likeness in connection with the Event, including the right to use your name, likeness and biographical information, and (b) all materials (electronic or hard copy) submitted or presented by you in connection with the Event, including any materials submitted via social media handles associated with the Event. You consent to the use of the Items pursuant to the foregoing in perpetuity without compensation (unless prohibited by law) or additional consents from you and waive any moral rights you may have in the Items.
- Assumption of Risk. You acknowledge and agree that your attendance and participation in the Event is voluntary. You agree to assume the risks associated with attending and participating in the Event to the fullest extent permitted under applicable law. In particular, you understand that this event will include access and sharing of cannabis and wine by other CCC members and Event sponsors.
You understand that you will be attending an event which cannabis and alcohol will be permitted to be ingested on the premises of a private individual. You understand that CCC has provided you the option to not have cannabis infused into any food related at an Event. You also understand that CCC has provided you the option to decline wine to be served to you.
By selecting any of the options, you fully understand, acknowledge, and knowingly assume any, every, and all known and unknown risks associated with attending an event with alcohol and cannabis and/or consumption of alcohol and cannabis either separately or together.
BY ATTENDING THIS EVENT, I KNOW THAT ALCOHOL AND/OR CANNABIS MAY BE CONSUMED DURING THIS EVENT. I REALIZE THERE ARE POTENTIAL RISKS INHERENT IN MY PARTICIPATION IN THIS EVENT.
I FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY ACCEPT AND ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, DANGERS, AND HAZARDS AND THE POSSIBILITY OF PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, VIOLENCE, PROPERTY DAMAGE, OR LOSS, DURING ALL THE TIME OF EVENT RESULTING FROM ACTIVITIES DURING THIS EVENT.
I ACCEPT MY RESPONSIBILITY TO ABIDE BY THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, TO ENSURE THAT I HAVE ADEQUATE MEDICAL COVERAGE, TO PROTECT MY PERSONAL POSSESSIONS, AND OBEY ALL RULES SET OUT FOR THIS EVENT.
- Release of Claims. To the extent permissible by applicable law, you (for yourself, your heirs, personal representatives, assigns, and anyone else who might make a claim on your behalf) hereby release CCC and its affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, contractors, representatives, agents, successors and assigns, from any and all claims, demands, causes of action, suits, damages, losses, debts, liabilities, costs and expenses (including without limitation reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) that you may have now or in the future associated in any way with the Event or the Items.
- Neither party may assign or otherwise transfer these Terms or any of its rights and obligations under these terms without the prior written approval of the other party; except that CCC may assign or otherwise transfer these Terms without the consent of the other party (a) in connection with a merger, acquisition or sale of all or substantially all of its assets, or (b) to any affiliate or as part of a corporate reorganization. Effective upon such assignment or transfer, subject to the assignee/transferee’s consent, the assignee/transferee is deemed substituted for the assignor/transferor as a party to these Terms and the assignor/transferor is fully released from all of its obligations and duties to perform under these Terms. Subject to the foregoing, these Terms will be binding upon, and inure to the benefit of the parties and their respective permitted successors and assigns.
- You have the responsibility to arrange appropriate insurance cover in connection with your attendance at the Event. CCC cannot be held liable for any loss, liability or damage to personal property or your person. You understand that it is your responsibility to provide your own accidental, life, health, and personal property insurance before attending any Event.
- Fundraising and Financial promotions. You will be aware that fundraising activity by companies is regulated under the relevant laws of California and the United States. If you attend our events, you should not engage in fund raising activity without ensuring that you and your organization are complying with the appropriate regulatory restrictions. Please note at no time will CCC accept liability whatsoever from any party, for the actions of attendees at an Event in connection with fundraising or from fund raising activity that takes place as a result of the event. If CCC becomes aware of individuals or corporates undertaking fundraising activity at our events, we will remove you from the event. In these circumstances no refund on your event ticket or sponsorship will be offered
- PPPTOG Acceptance of Gifts and Waiver of Liability. California Law permits any individual to purchase, possess, transport, obtain, or give-away their own personal, recreational cannabis to anyone they wish. There may be CCC members in attendance at the Event who will wish to share and or give-away their personal, recreational cannabis to you which has no relation to CCC. You understand that CCC in no way warrants the quality, legality, and/or safety of any such product given to you by any third-party nor does CCC promote any particular brand or product.
You acknowledge that accepting any gift of Cannabis, goods, products, or other items from a third-party at any CCC event is solely the responsibility and liability of the party you have received said gift from. You further agree to waive any claim against CCC as a result of the use, ingestion, or otherwise action taken with any product by any third-party so provided.
- Liability Waiver and Indemnification. In consideration of approval to participate in this event, you and anyone related to you, including a personal representative, family member, or otherwise related and/or able to bring suit on your behalf shall hold harmless, release and forever discharge CCC, their shareholders, owners, directors, officers, faculty, staff, agents, other members, volunteers, trainees, or employees from any and all actions, causes of actions, including negligence, claims and demands for damages, loss or injury, resulting from or arising out of my participation in this event.
IN NO EVENT WILL (a) CCC BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF OPPORTUNITY, COST OF COVER OR OTHER SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY OR RELIANCE DAMAGES OR (b) THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF CCC FOR ALL OTHER DAMAGES IN CONNECTION WITH THE EVENT EXCEED $100 USD.
You also agree to indemnify and hold harmless CCC, their shareholders, owners, directors, officers, faculty, staff, agents, other members, volunteers, trainees, or employees from any and all actions, causes of actions, demands, expenses or losses whatsoever which they may bear as a result of your participation in this event, by reason of damage to any and all property and any and all personal injuries, including death of others or yourself. You further agree to indemnify, defend, and hold CCC harmless from and against any claims, actions, suits, demands, assessments, or judgments asserted, and any and all losses, liabilities, damages, costs, and expenses (including, without limitation, attorneys fees, accounting fees, and investigation costs to the extent permitted by law) alleged or incurred arising out of or relating to any operations, acts, or omissions of the CCC or any of its employees, agents, and invitees in the exercise of the CCC’s rights or the performance or observance of the CCC’s obligations under the Terms.
- If any provision of these Terms shall be declared by any court of competent jurisdiction to be illegal, void, or unenforceable, the other provisions shall not be affected but shall remain in full force and effect. If the non-solicitation or non-competition provisions are found to be unreasonable or invalid, these restrictions shall be enforced to the maximum extent valid and enforceable.
- All provisions that logically ought to survive termination of these Terms shall survive.
- No Duress or Coercion. I hereby freely and voluntarily, without duress and/or coercion, hereby state that I have fully read each and every section of these Terms and knowingly and voluntarily agree to all the terms herein.
- Choice of Law. This contract shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, excluding that State’s choice-of- law principles, and all claims relating to or arising out of this contract, or the breach thereof, whether sounding in contract, tort or otherwise, shall likewise be governed by the laws of California excluding that State’s choice-of-law principles.
- Attorneys’ Fees. The prevailing party shall have the right to collect from the other party its reasonable costs and necessary disbursements and attorneys’ fees incurred in defending or enforcing these Terms.
- You understand that the Terms sets forth herein constitutes the entire understanding of the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof. These Terms supersede any and all prior agreements, negotiations, correspondence, undertakings, promises, covenants, arrangements, communications, representations, and warranties, whether oral or written, of any party to these Terms.